[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) stationary Perseid

Well I got clouded out here in Kansas for the Perseids again. Saw a couple of
1st magnitude Perseids and that was it.

Reminds me about 30 years ago while watching the Perseids in Rhode Island. A
bright green dot appeared in the radiant, and grew steadily bigger and bigger
like the firebal weapon used by the Romulans on Star Trek. It was about -6, I
believe and it got about 2/3 the size of the moon before this stationary
fireball fizzled out. I could not believe and still remember it well. Only
stationary among the thousands I had seen. Anyone else ever seen a stationary?

Meanwhile if you are interested in going to Austria- Hungary next year to see
the eclipse and the Perseids let me know.

Dr. Eric Flescher-(KCStarguy@aol.com)
Former member Rhode Island Meteor Research Organization & RI Skyscrapers
 Webmaster  Eric's Black Sun Eclipse Website:
http://members.aol.com/kcstarguy/blacksun/eclipse.htm