[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) stationary Perseid

Your green fireball sounds like the size mine on Aug 27 grew to, however mine
appeared to be stationary but after a few seconds moved as I described earlier
as an arc. It was suggested that perhaps the fireball camedirectly oever me
causing it it appear to grow larger then small as it got farther away, and
giving the illusion of an arc. It was the first and only one I've ever seen
and I would not have seen it had its intense brightness not awakened me
through the windows. I had not even heard of one before which is why I
searched the web and found this site. Now I'm becoming addicted. I am glad you
mentioned the size of yours as it confirms what I know I saw. Thanks,   Joy.