[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Satellites May Be Shattered By Invisible Meteors

In a message dated 98-10-01 16:35:34 EDT, someone writes:

<< Satellites May Be Shattered By Invisible Meteors

 THE Leonid meteor storm that may light up the sky in Asia when it strikes
 the Earth next month could pose a bigger threat to satellites than
 astronomers had feared. (more crap snipped)

 No one knows just how bad the damage will be. For example, astronomers can't
 predict with certainty exactly where the densest part of the debris cloud is.

If they don't know where the densest part of the cloud will be, how do they
know it will be over Asia?
I thought we were through with this stuff? I guess not until the Leonids are
over  <sigh>

Kevin
kevtk@aol.com