[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) IMO Visual and other Handbooks, Membership etc

<<
 George

 Do you know if I could get the IMO handbook?

Gregory,

Yes you can get the IMO's Handbook for Visual Meteor Observers by ordering it
from Robert Lunsford. He is the International Meteor Organization's (IMO)
Director for the North American Section. He is here on this list. Bob's email
address is:
LUNRO.IMO.USA @prodigy.com
The book costs $20. If interested, contact Bob and make arrangements etc.

Also if you are interested in joining IMO and get their WGN Journal every two
months, you should talk to Bob about this to get the current membership fees.
I believe it is still $25/year? The journals themselves are worth their weight
in gold. Very good references with ongoing meteor science from it's worldwide
membership. WGN is published in English....Whew!

While I'm at it, I might as well tell you about some of the other publications
that you can order from IMO if interested. They have a Photographic Handbook
going for $12. Backissues of the WGN journal for $16/year. FIDAC(Fireball Data
Center) News you can also subscribe to that lists all the reported fireballs.
FIDAC news is printed every two months. Backissues of FIDAC News costs
$12/volume (1993-97 is one volume). Original sized Plotting charts known as
Gnomonic Atlas Brno 2000.0 for $4. I believe if you order IMO's Visual
Handbook, you get a set of these charts in the book? Anyhow, if anyone is
interested, I advise you to contact Bob.
George Zay