[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Stay on Target People

<< I didn't realize you owned this group and dictated the language to be used.
 Perhaps some of the group's members that live in Eastern Europe or Asia are
 familiar with being told what to do, but I am NOT. >>

<<..dot besides, the lives of stars are
EXTREMELY intertwined with meteors.  Stars that go Super Novae are responsible
for the creation of  ALL heavier- than-hydrogen or helium elements in our
Universe, INCLUDING the elements that MAKE METEORS.>>

Dave,
Why are you being insulting to other list members and have that chip on your
shoulder? First off, the IMO and members of this list are from around the
world.   Secondly, there are ladies and younsters present and for years this
list has survived with out the need for such language. If you read any FAQ
from any newsgroup or maillist the common netiquette is to watch your
language.

Thirdly, no this list isn't mine but I have been here long enough to know that
the list IS about METEORS and METEOR OBSERVING. While its true that stars and
stellar evolution are responsible for every else we know including us, that
doesn't mean that all of it is open to discussion here. "Star dust" formed all
the trees and plants. Can I talk about my bonsai collection here? No. "Star
dust"  make up all the elements that are in the human body. Does that mean
that I can discuss why Neanderthal Man's demise seemed to coincide with the
emergence of Cro-Magnon Man? No.  "Star dust" enters our atmosphere at a high
rate of speed ionizing the atmosphere around it. Can I discuss that? By all
means. So thats the difficulty?  There was talk here about asteroids a short
time ago. Those people were guided to a new asteroid list. What I did was to
let you know of a place were amateur astronomers can discuss any facet of
astronomy.

So relax, you'll live longer.

Kevin

PS - Lew, I promise this will be my only post on this thread.