[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Radio Detection

Hi,
     I've been trying to figure out this detection of meteors by radio
frequencies but it's rather difficult to understand.  I'd like to try it out
for the upcoming Draconids/Giacobnids (?) during daytime and nighttime.  Can
anyone explain in layman's terms what equipment is needed and how to use it.
Is this something I'll have to spend serious money on or can I use it with my
own radio?  Sorry if the question sounds ignorant but I'm trying to understand
this.  Black skies make my eyes close, therefore reducing number of meteors I
see!  Thanks in advance.

cul8r
tim