[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Juniper tree got a clipping!

<<
  Just to warn you, I heared a guy on the radio say if you top a tree it
 looses about 40% of its root structure. In a strong wind that means less to
 hold it in the ground. Maybe you should put some blue stone in the ground
 and make it die then just cut it down. You don't want it hitting anything.

If I want a tree or something to die...dot it apparently won't. I've tried for
years to help it with a possible "natural death"....but no, it just grew
healthier it seemed? Anyhow, if it fell over someday, I would welcome that.
It's on a slope of a small hill. I guess if it falls over, it most likely will
be downhill....which is nothing but an open field. There's a lot bigger oak
tree further away that I wouldn't mind falling over someday. I keep hoping it
would with every strong wind. It's not as much of a hinderance as that juniper
tree was. This tree is about 4 feet in diameter...but has some hollowed out
areas. If it went down, it would open up a little more sky to the Southeast.
It might take out the windmill in the process though...but that can be
repaired rather easily.
George zay