[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Juniper tree got a clipping!

<<
 One problem with killing trees- I heard of the case of an astronomer who
 chopped down a tree which was in the way, forgetting that there was a nice
 bright streetlight in that direction.

 Graham >>

Yes that would be a problem....but not at my site. I'm way out in the country.
I'm surrounded by State and National forest land. The highway about a mile
away does have some streetlights at the intersection, but these aren't
noticeable unless a cloud rolls in over it. The clouds then reflect the light.
But that is the current situation...civilization can always creep up on you
and do unpleasant things to observers.
George