[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Heavenly Conjunctions

OK Malcolm, you outdid my satellite/moon conjunction with your
telescopic/eclipsed moon sighting. That must have been quite a sight!

I think I got one better though....have you (or anyone) seen
simultaneous meteors cross paths?

This is probably much more common for telescopic observers but on August
12, 1974 I caught a bright Perseid and a sporadic crossing paths in a
highly inclined "X" fashion. Out of 32 years and over 50,000 meteors
this is the only time I have seen this occur.

Your Turn ;)

Bob Lunsford

Malcolm Currie wrote:

> > >the first satellite I have ever seen pass in front of the moon.
> >
> LG> That sounds like it WOULD be a thrill, Bob! Has anyone else ever seen this?
>
> No, but I've seen meteors pass in front of the totally eclipsed moon.
>
> Malcolm

Follow-Ups: References: