[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Heavenly Conjunctions

I would have thought it was less likely telescopically because of the
narrower apparent field of view.  One X does come to mind 1974 or 1975
November but the overlap was more one just began as the first was
terminating.

Can you imagine the fuss we'd get from UFOlogists, millenium-minus-one
freaks, people who believe the X-file conspiracy if a crossing meteor
event was seen by many in a city.

> Bob, I haven't seen the "X" pattern you mention, but three years ago I did
> see two running parallel with each other, same magnitude, same apparent
> velocity, each so close that the fragments gave the appearance of the
> two meteors "shaking hands."

Yes I've seen a few of these visually, but none telescopically.
However, there are telescopic events where successive meteors are
separated by 5-15 seconds.  The pair have the same direction,
virtually the same path (displacements of order few arc minutes), but
not necessarily the same magnitudes.  Other observers have noticed
this phenomenon too.

> Back in your court ;-D

Advantage Currie?

Malcolm