[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Observation Oct 6/7 failed

Last night (Oct 6/7) at sunset, I headed out to the Casselman site
for an evening meteor watch. It was clear early but as I arrived,
thin cirrus clouds started to take over the clear breaks. After
15 minutes of observing, clouds took more than 20% of my FOV so
no report was done. Still, I stayed the whole evening to watch
just in case something would show up. I faced north toward the
GIA radiant and kept my field in the small clear breaks.
It turned out no possible Draconids were seen and very little
else at all. Around midnight, clouds and moon began to take over
just about everything, so I packed up and left for home.
It was the worse conditions I have ever seen at the Casselman site.

Tonight (Oct 7/8), is solidly overcast. Weather could clear up for
good tomorrow and I'm counting on it for some all-night observing.
I plan to run both observing/photographic programs from a dark
site west of Ottawa.

Wishing clear skies to all!

                                .    .    . .
Pierre Martin                  . . *  . *  .  .
***************************** . . . \   | .  .
Ottawa Valley Observers Group  .  .    .  .   . .
Visual meteor observer          .    . . .  -* .
Ottawa, Ontario, CAN              . .   . .  .
home:  p.martin@cyberusdot ca           /  . .  . .
Graphic Designer                     .  |    .
National Aviation Museum                |   \
work:  pmartin@nmstcdot ca                 *  . \
                                               *