[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: "Tune-Up For The Leonids"

NOTE: For folks on these lists interested in doing meteor counts tonight,
I strongly urge you to use the IMO observing method, rather than the much
simplified one outlined on this NASA Web site... If you have never tried
the IMO method in the past, feel free to ask questions of us on 'meteorobs'
all day today - or via private email to me. If you *do* decide to use this
NASA method, please attempt to note each meteor's "magnitude" (brightness)
by comparing them with those same stars shown in the Little Dipper diagram.
And if you can, note any clouds, buildings, trees, etc. as a percentage of
your total field of view of the sky.

If you CAN collect this additional data, I suspect scientists at NASA will
appreciate it just as much as the International Meteor Organization will.

Clear skies all,
Lew Gramer <owner-meteorobs@latrade.com>
http://www.tiacdot net/users/lewkaren/meteorobs/storms.html