[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE:(meteorobs) Draconid peak over?

The Draconid peak seems to be over from the Ondrejov
radar observations. See the graph at
http://sunkl.asudot cas.cz/~borovic/draconid.htm
Note the explanation below the graph. The hourly
rates are uncorrected!

Jiri Borovicka, Petr Pridal
Ondrejov Observatory
17:50 UT

PS: We have clouds

1845 UT

Hi.

According to SKY and TELESCOPE Magazine, pages 104-105, Oct 1998 issue, the
Earth dives through the plane of Comet Giacobini-Zinner's orbit at 20:53
UT. Am wondering if there is more activity to come in the next few hours?

Is Draconid radiant elevation a factor at your European scatter
observatories?

Heavy atmospheric turbulence for me in New Mexico, USA from late morning
now into afternoon making for poor reception.

Happily, I have audio recorded the possible peak hours on tape for later
processing today when my recorder is free again.

Will report back.

Bravo to the European radio observers.

Tom Ashcraft
35.41 N  105.57 W