[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Draconids 1998 Europe

>Most memorable meteor was a 0 GIA, with discernable width and ragged
>edges.  It was as if there were several meteors travelling in very
>close formation.

Chalk another sighting up on Malcolm's side of the board! :) Seriously,
it sounded like a fine evening of observing, Malcolm: on any other Oct
8 night, it probably would've raised a "Bravo!" rather than a "Drat!".

Clear skies all - and don't forget just because we've passed ONE ribbon
of Draconid clumpiness, does NOT necessarily mean we've passed them all.
(Now it PROBABLY does, I grant you, but not NECESSARILY!) And as always,
if you're not watching, you definitely won't see what happens. :)

Lew