[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Draconid data MLV from Europe

[Message from Marco Langbroek]

Hello Peter, Rainer and others,

We have been lucky to some extend! We did experience a clearing right at
the start of the night (late twilight). We were clouded out (and fogged
out) within an hour after the start of our observations, but our first 40
minutes were very clear (Lm +6.3-+6.4). A clear albeit modest Draconid
activity was apparent, so the shower indeed did re-appear after years of
non- or almost non-activity, that is clear. My data suggest ZHR in the
order of 9 +- 4 for a 0.75 hr interval centered around 18:45 UT. Early
Radio MS data by Peter Bus suggest that a significant peak occured above
Asia, in daylight for Europe. We perhaps catched a glimpse of the tail of
an extended background activity. Note that we were clouded out already
around nodal passage.  Most Draconids seen by us were very faint, my
brightest was a +2 through Aquila. Below my data, obtained from Lattrop
Public Observatory in the East of the Netherlands.

Observer: Marco Langbroek       LANMA
date: October 8/9, 1998
loc.: Lattrop Public Obs., the Netherlands, 52d 24' 57" N, 6d 57' 58" E

UT            Teff   Lm    Dra    Spo
18:17-19:13   0.75   6.3    7     11

          +2   +3   +4   +5
Dra        1    1    3    2
Spo        0    4    5    2

I am very curious to know what observers in Asia perhaps have seen.

Cheers!

-Marco Langbroek
 Dutch Meteor Society, the Netherlands