[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) we got skunked too! :)

Hello all...
Drove with my family to the So. Cal. Desert Last night to a very dark spot
inside Joshua Tree National Park, Hoping to perhaps catch a late Draconid or
two...
Clearly we were well beyond the Peak of this event before we even left home...
Observed from about 2000 hrs. (local) till about Midnight. The Milky Way was
spectacular until the moon rose, but in about 4 hours of observing we spotted
only about 7 meteors, and none that could clearly be associated with Draconid
activity...
Not a cloud in the sky near Palm springs... excellent transparency...
The best of the night was a  +1 mag. SPO at about 2230 from central Cassiopia
to near Deneb.
  Better luck to all of you...                  Don Barnett...