[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) novice

Mircea,

     One of the wonderful things about meteor observation is that you don't
really need any tools at all. Just keep yourself warm, try to find some
dark skies, and watch. Learn your way around the sky, I guess you would
want some star maps if you are not familiar with the constellations
already.
     Draconids are meteorites that appear to radiate from the constellation
draco, the parent being Periodic Comet 21P/Giacobini-Zinner. You can learn
how to log your sightings by asking questions on this list, and checking a
few web pages, ie:

NAMN home page:
http://medicine.wustldot edu/~kronkg/namn.html

and