[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Japanese Draconids

Hello,

Mr. Daiyu Ito (NMS, Japan) forwarded us some results on the Draconids. He
reported  up to 40 Draconids in 50 minutes (near 14h UT) with Lm near 4.8-5.0.
It is clear that Asia has seen a major display with ZHR's at least 200+.

In Europe, we catched a tail of the activity with ZHR down to about 9
during our early evening. I guess the US must have had low rates indeed,
and since the Draconids had very faint meteors both according to the
japanese and our observations, then you easily start to miss them with
moonlight.

- Marco Langbroek
  Dutch meteor Society