[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Statistics & Stationary Meteors

George Zay wrote:
> I don't keep grand totals that combines all years together either. However, I
> do keep yearly totals in a log book that starts over with each new year. I
> record things such as Total meteors recorded, total meteors plotted, total
> meteors counted only, Fireballs, Teff Hours, Nites observed, meteors
> photographed, who I've emailed my reports to, and when I mailed plotting
> charts to Rainer. Several times they have been very helpful to refer
> to...particularly when my total and Arlts total that he has for me doesn't
> match. It makes it easier to notice if I'm missing a report or
> something...which happens about once a year.

Some logging sounds useful.  In my earlier years I did this, and for
me it would help the have lists by observer.  That makes it easier to
write IMO annual reports, not that I've done one for a while
(sorry-Bob, but there's not been much to report).  I could also record
when I've made backup copies of observations.  OK I'll get more
organised, but I won't keep a grand total.  The downside can be
that in trying to beat your own records the quality of data suffers
and you perhaps observe when you shouldn't, affecting your performance
at work.

Malcolm

Follow-Ups: References: