[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Draconids peak radio GIFs

Message text written by INTERNET:meteorobs@latrade.com

"After processing all the data, the Radio peak here is set to be from
12:50UT
to 13:20 UT on Oct 8, 1998 with increasing rates before that and decreasing
rates thereafter.

Do you want to see the radio peak? - I have two GIF pictures available
which
show the time frame from 11:20 UT - 14:40 UT, with the Draconids peak
coming
up and disappearing (200KB). This is no Graph, but the original recording
with time stamps. To get this files please send me direct e-mail, have no
web-site available.

Werfried Kuneth"

Hi Werfried,

Please include me when you send the gifs.

I have a good audio tape of the 13oo UT hour, especially from 1314 to 1334
UT. Very strong activity.  But I was not fully awake and mentally tuned in
then and didn't expect the radio peak to occur during this period. I
thought it was just a combination of sporadics and Draconids. So I had
turned on my computer at 1334 which suppressed the meteor reception
somewhat. I was preparing for a later peak at 17 or so.  Oh well.  There
was tropo in any case throughout the remainder of the morning here.

Thanks.--Thomas