[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) My first Draconid

HI All!!

Well went outback to the observatory to observe the planets and
meteors, and got caught up in Messier objects and the whole bit,
since it is nice and clear for a change.
Anyway, as I close up the observatory (9:45 pm edt), have to come in
and get my daughter from work . I look up and there going across the
sky, a blue/white meteor mag -1.0 med speed, at 9:47 pm edt, that is
1:47 UT  draw it back right to Draco. Then a sporadic comes in at a
90 degree angle to the one I just seen.

Of course I cannot count it as I was not meteor observing at the
time, but it sure was nice anyway.

This may seem trivial observations, but its my first Draconid, well
now that I know what shower it was from  : )

Kim
Moonlight Cascade Observatory/BBS
44.28.28.9N 76.29.45.9W
Astronomy-RASC,SARA,ALPO/AAVSO-Solar Section
NAMN-Meteor Observing,Ham Radio-VA3KDH