[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leonid counting

Graham<<
 One suggestion I have seen is that if the rates get very high to
 concentrate on one area of the sky or to limit oneself to just counting
 the ones brighter than, say, magnitude 1.<<

If rates get that high, I think you will get all balled up real quick. Because
momentarily you probably will stall when a 0 magnitude meteor shows up while
your mind is trying to determine whether it's a 0 or a -1?  If it gets that
heavy, you might want to concentrate more on operating a camera? In this case,
make your exposures 2 or 5 minutes long. Record accurate start/stop times to
the second. Have a tape recorder available. Unless you are near the Longitude
of China, I don't think you are gonna get overwhelmed though?
George Zay