[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Best viewing for the Leonids?

Greetings!  I am new to the list and to meteor observing as well.  My
interest in the subject was piqued by an article I read on the upcoming
Leonids shower.

I was wondering if anyone might know a good place for viewing this shower
in my part of the country.  I live in Frederick, Md., about 40 miles west
of Baltimore, at the foot of the Catoctin Mtns. However, there is still a
lot of light here at night, so I'd be willing to go to another site--up to
3 hours away--for a better view, if you think it would be worthwhile.

Can someone in the D.C/Baltimore area suggest a good site in this region?
My two boys--ages 14 and 10--are also psyched on seeing this event.  We
might make a camping trip out of it...

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Claude J. Bauer