[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Zay's Meteor Observing Guidebook

For the sake of the newer folks here...or anyone else interested, I have
updated my Meteor Observing Guidebook quite a bit since early this year when I
first mentioned it. It's an approximate 90 page unpublished book geared
towards the beginner and intermediate observer in various areas of meteor
recording. It is spiral bound and consist of photocopied pages. The areas it
cover are: How to Record Meteor Data by the Counting and Plotting methods;
Photographing Meteors; Fireball Reporting; FM Radio Monitoring of Meteors; I
talk about general meteor activity; List the Major Annual Meteor Showers;List
IMO's working list of visual meteor showers; Blank and filled out copies of
meteor forms as examples; Charts showing the star count areas for LM
determinations etc. Give a variety of tips in regards to meteor observing.
Like I said it is all geared to the begining meteor observer and is not meant
to replace IMO's Handbook for Visual Meteor Observers which is in more detail.
If you would like to have a copy of this book, please contact me privately.
I'm only asking for the cost of photocopying and postage. There is no profit
for me. For people in the U.S. and Canada presently this amounts to $10....$7
for photocopying and $3 for postage. The day I receive cash or check, I make
your copy and mail it to you via air mail. Normally you should receive it in
about a week. For people in other countries, postage is quite expensive and
I'm forced to send it to you by "Surface" mail. This means it will take about
2 months to reach you. So...if anyone is interested, please contact me
privately and I will answer your questions and make arrangements etc.
George Zay