[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Shower communication...

Greetings all,

Pierre wrote:
>A coordinated global effort for the Leonids would indeed be very useful!
>If at all possible, I'm all for it. Unfortunately for two reasons,
>it is not so easy to accomplish?...
>The other difficulty is from means of communications. Those who have
>access to laptops will have the ability to send quick updates. But
>those without computers, observing from remote locations will only
>be able to update or alert other observers perhaps hours later.

Excuse me, but please don't dismiss those of us without laptop computers in
the field here!!  I plan to observe Leonids, and will not have computer
access at the time...

However, I do hope to use a rather old-fashioned method of communication -
the telephone!! ;>>   I will at least try to get word to somebody who can
pass on a message...

So please don't count us out Pierre just because some of us don't have the
latest in technology! ;>>

Clear skies,

- Cathy
Cathy Hall, chall@cyberusdot ca
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
RASC, Royal Astronomical Society of Canada, Kingston Centre
NAMN, North American Meteor Network