[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re[2]: (meteorobs) Coordinated realtime Leonid website?

Robert and Pierre,

I wonder if something could be arranged with one of the amateur radio
organizations?  I know that the 2 Meter wavelength operators in North America
have a network of base stations and repeater stations that allow quick and easy
communications.  There may be something set up internationally?

Operators with mobile radios could accompany observing teams and relay
information to an operator with an internet connection.  This could offer
freedom to move to a clear site and still have instant communication (both
ways.. the base could relay internet meteor data to the teams as well).

Anyone have an idea how something could be set up within the next month?

Kevin Wells