[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Daylight Fireballs & More

Robert,

I have been waiting for someone to mention this as I have planned to
watch for daylight activity all along (probably with an LM near -3). The
Leonid radiant sets for us in California near 21:00 Universal Time which
is 1PM PST. You would most likely see any daylight activity between 10AM
and noon which is 18 to 20 UT.

If you have any hopes of seeing any activity on the evening of the 17th
I would not hold my breath. Even if it is totally dark by 5:30 PM the
radiant (source of the meteors) will not rise for another 6 hours
therefore no activity will likely be seen during the evening hours.

Bob Lunsford