[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Apex of the Earth's way...

The solar apex is the direction in which the sun is moving if all the
stars were at rest.  In which case, we are moving toward Vega (where it
appears to be right now), at 19.7 km/sec. or 4.14 AU/yr.  The opposite
direction is the antapex.  The stars seem to have the greatest proper
motion at 90 degrees to this line of travel.

Hope this is clearer than mud.

DNA