[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Tune-Up For The Leonids"

In Fall, I use some of the same comparison stars that Bob mentioned,
Khaled. During Winter, I use other similarly "easy" standard stars
for measuring meteor magnitudes... Capella of course is a nice "0";
Pollux and Aldebaran passable "1s", though their color is a problem;
Alnitaka a good "2", though often low for us Northern US observers!;
Zeta Tauri (the southern of the two "horns") is a standard "3" star;
Alcor in the north is a fine "4" if your eyes have good resolution,
but Delta Cancri (just south of the Beehive) works as well.

Clear skies!
Lew