[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) 17/18 Observations

<<
  Observing Period:  09:00pm - 10:15pm local time(   I believe Hawaii is 9
 hours
  off do I add or subtract?)

 I believe Hawaii is 3 hours behind me in California? If this is correct, you
 currently add 10 hours to your local time to get Universal time. If you go
 back to Standard Daylight Time on the 25th of this month, you will then be
 adding 11 hours to your local time to get Universal Time. For the local times
 you have above:
 09:00 - 10h15 local will become 19h00 - 20h15 UT.   If it was after the 25th
 of October, it would be 20h00 - 21h15 UT
 George Zay >>

Gliba pointed out to me that I erred with the time. Looking at it again, I see
that I indeed did. Looks like the long night is catching up with me afterall?
I misread the original times that were in PM to AM and not realizing that this
would be in the daytime. Okay, let me try this again....

Observing period was from 21:00 - 22:15 local which is 9 pm to 10:15 pm.
Adding 10 hours to the local time on a 24 hour clock to get UT time it becomes
07h00 - 08h15 UT the next day. If it was after the 25th of October, it would
become 08h00 - 09h15 UT. I think I have it now? :o)

Sorry about the error.
George Zay