[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Observations Oct 19-20

> Wes Stone wrote:
>> 2)  Skyglow if there is a city or concentrated artificial light
>> source in that direction.  In my neck of the woods, we have a
>> really big dome of light in that direction that doesn't go away.

And George Zay replied:
> This sounds more like what Kim is seeing, though the dim auroral
> lights is still a possibility.

A light-pollution dome with a spike?? First I've ever heard of it,
although I suppose a streak of cirrus might produce this effect.

I guess the best way to test whether you were seeing Aurora or not,
Kim, is just to see if there's a light-pyramid in the same spot in
the Northwest tonight! :) Good luck and clear skies,

Lew