[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Observations Oct 19-20

> Subject:       Re: (meteorobs) Observations Oct 19-20

Hi George & Wes!!

>  Wes Stone>>Two possibilities:  1) Faint auroral glow.  What you describe
> sounds a lot like the two auroras I've seen, and several members of my club
> were reporting aurorae the night before. <<

I don't think it was an aurora. We do get them here, and it did not
resemble that.

I think it might be some sort of reflection possibly from the
neighbours light. I will definetely look again tonight. I ususally go
out for an hour or so in the morning around 4:00 am, that way I get
some sleep.

> This sounds more like what kim is seeing, though the dim auroral lights is
> still a possibility.

No town in that direction. Remember I live in the sticks, no town for
15 kms due west, and I usually do not see any skyglow from that. I
see glow from the south, which is Kingston, 25kms south of me.

I will check tonight. I thought I might have finally seen the
geginshine(sp)?? better luck next time.

Kim

Moonlight Cascade Observatory/BBS
44.28.28.9N 76.29.45.9W
Astronomy-RASC,SARA,ALPO/AAVSO-Solar Section
NAMN-Meteor Observing,Ham Radio-VA3KDH