[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Should I fill in Fireball report

Good Morning All!!

Frustrating day so far. The alarm goes off at 4:00 am I shut it off,
next thing it is 4:30. I get up take a look cloud, hmmm should  I
even go out. Ok, I say yes, 30 mins is better than nothing. So I
merrily get dressed and gather all papers to go out. Its clear, with
cirrus cloud looming, cloudy in the east, west, and large cloud bank
to the north.  Temp 1 degree celcius, 34 farenhiet.

I setup, start time 5:07, just getting things lined up, the cloud
comes in, not before, seeing this wonderful possible fireball going
to the South East, long slow white/blue mag -3 at this point, it hits
35 degrees above the horizon, and explodes, turns a pink/white but no
falling pieces, as it exploded went to -6. It dissappeared at this
point.  It was a sporadic. There were clouds in the area, but lower
on the horizon. I managed to get a star count in area 17, with 10
stars gives me a 5.5 LM.  I was going to use Aldeberan as my centre
feild of view, but the clouds ate it.

Then the cloud socked in all around. Question, should I fill out a
fireball report.

I managed 5 mins of observing.
Moral of the day, when the alarm goes off,get up!!

Kim

Moonlight Cascade Observatory/BBS
44.28.28.9N 76.29.45.9W
Astronomy-RASC,SARA,ALPO/AAVSO-Solar Section
NAMN-Meteor Observing,Ham Radio-VA3KDH