[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Zodiacal light questions

Thomas,

Those were some good questions!

Thomas Ashcraft wrote:

> Some questions:
>
> Is there zodiacal light data anywhere on the web?

I have not ever checked this out.

> Is zodiacal light just an accumulation of random space dust or can
> stronger displays be linked to specific meteor shower activity?

I doubt that can stronger displays be linked to specific meteor shower
activity. It probably depends more on the angle of the ecliptic and
possibly on weather related factors such as the transparency.

> Are there sub-visible meteor showers in which individual meteor particles
> are never massive enough to create incandescence visible to the human eye?

One would think this is a distinct possibility!