[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) 1 S. Taurid and 1 Orionid Photographed

well...I had a chance last night to look at my negatives a little closer that
I had previously reported photographing 2 Orionid fireballs on. I now see that
I photographed one Orionid that I had witnessed and the other meteor
photograph was apparently that of a S. Taurid that I didn't witness. The wide
angle camera's also covers parts of the sky that I can't see. So...this S.
Taurid slipped in out of my view. It looks like it could have been around -2?
The rotating shutter chopped up both meteor images quite nicely...though they
traveled out of the frame.

sorry I missed the peak night of the Orionids....had to work. Tonight I will
be observing and perhaps I will get to see some more interesting activity?
George zay