[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor Observations Oct 22/23 ZAYGE

Well...dot it looks like my clear sky luck has finally run out. Last night I set
up at my observatory under clear skies. Everything looked hunky dory. I began
observing at 22 hours local facing east. Right at midnight, I noticed this
little tiny cloud coming into view from the west (behind me). I turned my head
and was shocked at the sight of a massive layer of cirrus clouds rolling in. I
rolled over to sleep for awhile hoping it would clear up. Twice I started and
within 10 minutes I was clouded over again. So the rest of the night was a
bust. From the 2 Teff hours, I recorded 14 meteor. 5 were Orionids, 3 S.
Taurids and the rest sporadics. I plotted everything but the Orionids. I'll be
out there again tonight...but I really don't have much hope for a good meteor
observing night. I have to be out there anyways to entertain a group of
campers with my wife near the observatory. I'm suppose to show them the
constellations. But I bet it will be a great time around the campfire instead?
:o)
george zay