[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leonids: max ZHR in 1966

marco>> How many meteors you catch (and how faint) for example is highly
 influenced by your equipment (and then, I mean quality and precautions
 taken, not simply 'how fast is the film, how fast the lens') -a good
 heating device and flat film surface can make a large difference: put two
 camera's next to each other, heat one and the other not, and note the
 difference. >>

Marco,
So having the film heated in the camera will increase meteor capture? I wasn't
aware of this? Does this have something to do with the removal of moisture
from the film? What method do you use to maintain this heat?
George Zay