[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) very old sighting

Hi, Robert, and thanks for the post!

Your description sounds like it MIGHT be a re-entry, Robert, except
for the east-west motion of the object. However, I don't think that
E-W motion alone is enough to disqualify it as a reentry, is it? It
makes it less likely (I'm told there are very few satellites with
E-W trajectories in orbit now - but not none, or perhaps not none
in the late 1970s!)

On the other hand, if your event travelled a good part of the sky
(say as much as 45 degrees?) in only 5 seconds, it would probably
be too fast to be a reentry! A good question...

Clear skies,
Lew