[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Orionids Observation in Oct. 20/21

<<
 Jin>>Observation of Orionids in Oct. 20/21
  I went to a new site with Bing LI (who is an astronomy teacher in one
 of Beijing's Youth Science and Technology Centers and we were in the
 same department when we learnt astronomy in university) in Oct. 20.
 The site is the radio station of my Observatory, some 100 km north of
 Beijing. (see http://www.bao.ac.cn/bao/station/my/ for image of the
 telescope). It will opened to public during the Leonids and we were going
 to estimate the skybackground etc. for this location. I worked in this
 station during 1991-1992 when I first came to the observatory.
  >> and lots more.

Jin, very interesting night you describe to us....thanks!  Observing during
winter months is difficult, but it can be done with some planning. I wish you
and Bing luck.
George Zay