[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Astronomy-related mailing lists...

Matt <ALH84001KC@aol.com> wrote:
>Lew, When you explained about the weekend shut-down, you mentioned
>many lists. Could you let me know what other lists you run.  I might
>be interested in those too!

Hi, Matt, here's the list of email lists I administer. Note that some
of these lists are "private" - you need to be a member of a particular
organization to subscribe to that email list...

meteorobs       For anyone interested in meteor observing or science
netastrocatalog For anyone interested in deep-sky observing (NOTE this is
                 actually 2 lists - one JUST for observing logs of deep-sky
                 objects, one for general deep-sky chat and announcements)
astrolog        Forum to discuss observing-log and other Internet formats
ams             PRIVATE list for American Meteor Society staff
nsaac           PRIVATE list for North Shore (MA USA) Amateur Astro Club

Here's another list of astro-related email lists, all administered by
OTHER people - some of whom I know well, some I don't... (You can find
the following list in the "Links" section of the meteorobs Web site.)

ASTRO - General Astronomy &amp; Astrophysics Mailing List
    Dr. Paul Rybsky - administrator <rybskip@uwwvax.uwwdot edu>
ShallowSky - Lunar and Planetary Observing Mailing List
    http://www.shallowsky.com/shallow-sky.html
MPList - The Minor Planets Mailing List
    http://www.bitnik.com/mp/
meteorite-list - Meteorite Mailing List
meteorite - Meteorite and Tektike Mailing List
    http://www.meteorite.com/
SeeSat - Satellite Observation Mailing List
    http://www2.satellite.eu.org/sat/vsohp/satintro.html
MeteOptic - Meteorological Phenomena Mailing List
    http://www.funet.fi/astro/eng/obs/meteoptic/
CCNet - the Cambridge Conference Mailing List (PHAs, NEOs, etc.)
    http://abob.libs.ugadot edu/bobk/cccmenu.html
Dark-Sky - Light-Pollution Issues Mailing List
    listserver@fpi-protostar.com
IMO-NEWS - Official Maillist of International Meteor Organization
    http://www.imodot net

Clear skies!
--
Lew Gramer