[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Orionid Report Errata Oct. 20/21

My report from October 20/21 (sent from my other, easier-to-edit but less-often-checked e-mail and graciously forwarded to the list by Lew), contained the following highly suspect meteor data:

> METEOR DATA:
>                       SPEED
> #    SHOWER  	MAG   (1-5)     Notes

> 37.5	ORI	5	2	near point
> 87.5	SPO	2	4

I want to assure everybody that I did not actually see two half-meteors here; in fact, the numbers should be 37 and 87.  I was just using the decimals as a mnemonic device in my spreadsheet so that I would remember where I started a new observing interval.  And then I forgot to take them out before sending the report!

Also, this report is slightly different than the quick preliminary one I sent immediately following observations.  For that one, I read 2 Epsilon Geminids twice and spaced two sporadics, so this one is correct. Ah, the wonders of sleep deprivation!

--
Wes Stone (STOWE)
<whs@earthlingdot net>