[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Internet Message

Mr. Hashimoto,

Thank you very much for your interesting reply concerning the Leo
Minorids. We appreciate the presence and comments on the meteor list of
you and your fellow Japanese observers and we look forward to your
descriptions of the upcoming Leonid shower as Japan is favorably
situated. May your skies be clear!

Sincerely,

Robert Lunsford

American Meteor Society
International Meteor Organization

Hashimoto Takema wrote:

> I think so.  I have seen this shower several times around maximum of
> Orionids, but I didn't see it as many meteors as I could detect a
> radiant point.  It is difficult to observed this shower, because we
> observed it a few hour a day.  But two years ago, my fellow observer got
> a data of October Leo Minorids orbit by double stations TV observation.
> The orbital data shows as below.
>
> <Orbit of October Leo Minorid and its (possible) parent body>
>   ID     DATE     UT   Co.Rad(2000) SD  VG   e     q    peri. node    i
> Comet 1739(Zanotti)                         1.00  0.674 104.8 211.0 124.3
> Oct.LMi                                61.8 0.99  0.65  106   211   124
> MSSIRg 19961021 183059 161.8  35.9 0.7 62.7 1.065 0.598 103.0 208.7 124.6
>
>   ID          D    D'
> ----------------------
> Comet 1739  0.00 0.00
> Oct.LMi     0.03 0.02
> MSSIRg      0.11 0.07
>
> D  : D criterion
> D' : D dash criterion
>                           presented by
>                             Meteor Science Seminar - Working Group (MSS-WG)
>
> The orbits of Comet 1739(Zanotti) and Oct. LMi are used by A.F.Cook 1973.
> Equinox was changed from B1950 to J2000.  MSSIRg orbit is similar to
> Oct.LMi and parent comet orbit.  I'm interested in October Leo Minorids
> as one of a stream of producted by long period / paraboric comet.

>   Hashimoto Takema
> Minor Meteor Shower Circular(MMSC)
> Nippon Meteor Society (NMS)
> Association of Meteor Observers in and around Tokyo Area (AMOTA)

Follow-Ups: References: