[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Additional information of Fireball

Dear everyone,

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998 23:56:10 +0900
Hashimoto Takema <thashi@din.or.jp> wrote:

> Dear everyone,
>
> In Japan, K.Izumi observed a -8 Mag Taurid fireball on Oct. 26. On the
> other hand, S.Okumura saw a fireball as bright as half moon at today
> evening.  The latter one was not clear either Taurid meteor or not.
> K.Izumi warned Japanese observers to notice Taurids activity.  According
>  to the Asher and Izumi 1998 (MNRAS 297), Taurids will become active in
> this year.  Perhaps Taurid meteoroid swarm has come.  I expect to appear
>  a number of Taurid meteor and fireball.

Many people witnessed the latter fireball and We found that it was
brighter than a full moon.  I heard that meteoritic cloud was witnessed.
 Japan fireball network (JN) guesses that meteorite fell into the Sea of
Japan.  As it appeared at twilight(8h32m45s UT), it was not clear either
Taurid meteor or not.

thashi@din.or.jp  Hashimoto Takema
Minor Meteor Shower Circular(MMSC)
Nippon Meteor Society (NMS)
Association of Meteor Observers in and around Tokyo Area (AMOTA)