[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) What's the best time to watch a shower?

Terry>>Though what Lew says is factually true, one can still see a nice
display
from a strong shower when the radiant is below the horizon. In August of
1995 I saw a stropn display of Perseids in the evening hours before
midnight and before the moon rose-the reason I was actively observing at
that time. <<

Terry, the perseid radiant rises in the early evening hours...roughly around 8
pm. It would be possible to observe the perseids before midnight....I usually
do it each year when the sky is clear. From my location, it is just getting
dark around 8:30 pm and sometimes I see my first earth grazing perseid about
then. The radiant is well up in the sky by midnight.
George zay