[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) West Texas Leonid Expedition

Our club is planning an expedition to west texas very close to the
McDonald Observatory for a serious Leonid Watch.
We need to contact others who will be using Ham radios to dial up
freq to monitor as the peak happens around 2pm CST.
We plan a photographic watch with 4 35mm cameras,
a video watch although our cameras will only pick up the
brightest fireballs, and a visual watch with the possibility
of a telescope watch.
  We need more info on the radio observing and possible
Ham operators to report our findings too promptly.
--

             Dr. Louis S. Binder,Optometrist
                President Fort Bend Astronomy Club