[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Possible epsilon Geminid Photographed

On the night of Oct 23/24 I photographically captured a weak meteor image from
a    -3 short fireball within Gemini. It was at the very edge of my negative.
At first I thought it was a scratch. Then I realized it aligns up almost
exactly with one of my plots that I marked as a possible camera capture. I
initially labled it as a sporadic becaue it was a little too long that close
to the radiant. Then I realize that a -3 fireball can be a little longer
closer to the radiant than the non fireball meteors. So I now think I have an
epsilon geminid on film. The camera was guided and the stars pin pointed. Too
bad I didn't have the rotating shutter running. There was some wind that I
didn't want to put up with while the shutter was running.

George Zay
Descanso, Calif.
Longitude: 116 deg 37'
Latitude: 32 deg 50'