[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Daylight Leonid Meteor Storm

Ashcraft<<
 I had wondered about the possibility of using some sort of heat sensitive
 film--infra-red?- and filters for detecting daylight meteors. Haven't
 gotten any feedback on the idea. Or maybe there would be other meteor
 spectra that specialized photography may be sensitive to?

I don't know Tom? I used infrared film in the late 70's for some other things
and what I remember about it the most is that it's very, very grainy. I really
don't know if anything would be gained by using it for this purpose, but my
gut tells me that there won't. I think I'll stick to some kind of conventional
film...most likely black and white though.
George Zay