[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Daylight Leonid Meteor Storm

Thomas Ashcraft wrote:

> I had wondered about the possibility of using some sort of heat sensitive
> film--infra-red?- and filters for detecting daylight meteors. Haven't
> gotten any feedback on the idea. Or maybe there would be other meteor
> spectra that specialized photography may be sensitive to?

Since the daytime sky is blue and bright meteors radiate
in all colors (including infra-red), a red filter would enhance
the contrast. However, meteor photography relies on long
exposures which are impossible during the daytime. To capture
a daylight meteor shower, I suggest to use a wide angle video.

Jiri Borovicka