[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Daylight Leonid Meteor Storm

<<
 Since the daytime sky is blue and bright meteors radiate
 in all colors (including infra-red), a red filter would enhance
 the contrast. However, meteor photography relies on long
 exposures which are impossible during the daytime. To capture
 a daylight meteor shower, I suggest to use a wide angle video.

 Jiri Borovicka

Funny you mentioned "red filter"....I was thinking about that...along with a
polarizer to increase the contrast for a black and white film. I will be
primarily looking towards the Northwest with the sun to my South. This would
provide a somewhat 90 degree angle to the sun with the area of sky I will be
looking for meteors at. This should also allow the polarizer to do it's
maximum contrast effect.
George Zay