[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

daylight Leonids (was:Re: (meteorobs) Re: Best Time to See the Leonids)

A little bit off this thread perhaps, but:

For those who are still in daylight, or just in daylight, around
passage of the node of P/Tempel-Tuttle on November 17 near 19:45 UT:

With some luck, if a storm materializes, this might produce the odd few
'daylight' fireballs (that is: Leonids bright enough to see in daylight).
Don't expect many, but it is not impossible, so TRY when your sky is
bright blue!

If by chance the shower is very late and we miss it with our Sino-Dutch
expedition (wich I neither hope nor expect however), I certainly will try!

- Marco Langbroek
  Dutch Meteor Society